The key factors driving the growth of this market are increasing government regulations related to environment protection, growing need of cost saving and time-effective customized testing services, active participation of government and regulatory bodies to monitor environmental conditions, occurrence of natural calamities, and rising awareness about environmental pollution. Moreover, customized environmental testing solutions and introduction of innovative rapid technologies offer significant growth opportunities for environmental testing market players. However, high capital investment and lack of infrastructure are expected to hinder the growth of this market to some extent. On the other hand, lack of basic supporting infrastructure is the key challenge of this market. In addition, rise in academic collaborations is the major trend observed in the environmental testing market.
Analysis of Environmental Testing Market Segments
The global environmental testing market is segmented by product (mass spectrometers, chromatography products, molecular spectroscopy products, toc analyzers, pH meters, dissolved oxygen analyzers, conductivity sensors, turbidity meters), by sample (wastewater/effluent, soil, water, air), technology (conventional, rapid), contaminant (microbial contamination, organic compounds, heavy metals, residues, solids), end users (agriculture and irrigation sector, government institutes and R&D laboratories, industrial product manufacturers, forestry and geology, others), and geography.
Based on products, the mass spectrometry segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Based on sample, wastewater/effluent segment commanded the largest share of the environmental testing market in 2018, owing to the increasing wastewater with the growth in industrial activities, growing environmental concern related to waste disposal and treatment, and regulations on wastewater disposal. However, water testing segment is expected to witness the rapid growth during the forecast period. The rapid growth of this segment is primarily attributed to the rapid urbanization, increase in health standards, demand for clean water, and shortage in water supply.
By contaminant, the environmental testing market is segmented into microbial contamination, organic compounds, heavy metals, residues, and solids. Organic compounds segment accounted for the largest share in 2018 and it is also the fastest growing segment by 2025. This is due to its high level of emissions and sustained growth in consumption, mainly of hydrocarbons.
Based on end-users, the environmental testing market is segmented into agriculture and irrigation sector, government institutes and R&D laboratories, industrial product manufacturers, forestry and geology, and others. Agriculture and irrigation sector accounted for the largest share of global market in 2018, mainly due to increasing demand to improve the efficiency of the resources in this sector. Also, growing demand for precision agriculture compels the growth of environmental testing market for agriculture and irrigation sector.
Click here to: Get Free Request Sample Copy of this report
Environmental Testing Market Key Players
The major players operating in the global environmental testing market are SGS SA (Switzerland), Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg), Intertek Group plc (U.K.), Bureau Veritas S.A.(France), Asurequality Limited (New Zealand), ALS Limited (Australia), R J Hill Laboratories Ltd. (New Zealand), Romer Labs Inc. GmbH (Germany), Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S.), AB Sciex LLC (U.S.), TÜV SÜD AG (Germany), Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), and Symbio Laboratories (Australia).
Environmental Testing Market Future Outlook
Nowadays, the global freshwater availability is shrinking not only in quantitative terms, but also in qualitative terms because many freshwater systems have become increasingly polluted with a wide variety of human, agricultural, and industrial waste. Water shortage and pollution are causing widespread public health problem, limiting economical and agricultural development, and harming a wide range of ecosystem. Therefore, environmental testing is important to determine hazards within our environment that can be harmful to people. Moreover, rising urbanization and environmental pollution, high industrial growth in developing nations, and growing awareness of health is driving the interest of companies towards the environmental testing.
Environmental Testing Market Segmentation
Environmental Testing Products
- Mass Spectrometers
- Chromatography Products
- Molecular Spectroscopy Products
- Toc Analyzers
- PH Meters
- Dissolved Oxygen Analyzers
- Conductivity Sensors
- Turbidity Meters
Environmental Testing Segmentation by Sample
Environmental Testing Technologies
Environmental Testing Types of Contamination
- Microbial Contamination
- Organic compounds
- Heavy metals
Environmental Testing End Users
- Agriculture and Irrigation Sector
- Government Institutes and R&D Laboratories
- Industrial Product Manufacturers
- Forestry and Geology
Environmental Testing Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Players of the Environmental Testing Market
- SGS SA
- Eurofins Scientific
- Intertek Group plc
- Bureau Veritas S.A.
- ALS Limited
- TÜV SÜD AG
- Asurequality Limited
- Microbac Laboratories, Inc.
- R J Hill Laboratories Ltd.
- Symbio Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- AB Sciex LLC
- Romer Labs Inc. GmbH.
Key questions answered in Environmental Testing Market report:
Agriculture and irrigation sector accounted for the largest share of the global environmental testing market
- What factors contribute to the infrequent usage of environmental testing products in forestry and geology segment?
- Which region is expected to experience the fastest growth in the usage of environmental testing products in agriculture and irrigation sector?
- How does the penetration of environmental testing products differ among the end users such as agriculture and irrigation sector, government institutes and R&D laboratories, industrial product manufacturers, and forestry & geology?
Environmental testing market favors both larger and local manufacturers that compete in multiple segments
- Who are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- What is driving growth and which market segments have the most potential for revenue expansion over the forecast period?
- What strategies should new companies looking to enter in this market use to compete effectively?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities in the environmental testing market?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
Recent partnerships, acquisitions, and expansions have taken place in the global environmental testing market
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the environmental testing market?
- What companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global environmental testing market and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the local emerging players in the global environmental testing market and how do they compete with the global players?