Starting in the early 1990’s, growing number of firms began to offer software targeted for use in veterinary offices ranging from simple office and management tools to patient history and diagnosis systems to medical inventory control aids. In order to improve overall animal healthcare delivery, the importance of excellent practice management in the delivery of all veterinary care has increased significantly. While this overall veterinary marketplace has continued to grow and has affected almost all veterinary practices, there have been indications that the information technology systems can have a very positive effect on improving patient care and service – subsequently, the success of the veterinary practice.
The veterinary practice management software helps veterinarians to record and support various standards of care protocols, monitor each patient’s status with healthcare recommendations, billing and invoicing, manage investment in resources such as inventory and professional time, and overall treatment management in order to increase the profitability. The global veterinary practice management software market is expected to reach $418.1 million by 2021 at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2021. This market is mainly driven by the increasing awareness of animal health across the globe, the rising number of veterinarians, growing animal population and demand for animal food products, and increasing animal health expenditure and pet insurance. However, high cost of instruments and lower animal health awareness in developing countries are impeding the growth of this market.
The global veterinary practice management software market is mainly divided by delivery mode, practice type, and geography. North America accounted for the share of the global veterinary practice management software market expected to dominate this market during the forecast period. With the substantial scope for penetration, the veterinary practice management software market in North America offers significant opportunities for the various stakeholders in this market. The veterinary practice management software market in Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is also expected to grow considerably during the forecast period mainly attributed to the rising need to manage veterinary practices due to growing livestock population, increasing pet adoption, rising demand of animal derived food products, and growing animal healthcare expenditure in this region.
The key players in the global veterinary practice management software market are IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., Henry Schein, Inc., Patterson Companies, Inc., ezyVET Limited, MedaNext Inc., Animal Intelligence Software, Inc., Onward Systems Inc., Firmcloud Corporation, Timeless Veterinary Systems, Inc., Computer Fanatics Limited (Vetlink), Hippo Manager Software, Inc., ClienTrax, Alisvet & InformaVet Inc., Eclipse Veterinary Software Ltd, 2i Nova, Inc., SpecVet Inc., and eVetPractice.com.
Scope of the report-
Veterinary Practice Management Software Market, By Delivery Mode
• Cloud/Web based
Veterinary Practice Management Software Market, By Practice Type
• Companion Animal Practices
• Mixed Animal Practices
• Equine Practices
• Food Producing Animal Practices
Veterinary Practice Management Software Market, By Geography
• North America
• Rest of the World
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments of the market?
- What is the historical market for veterinary practice management software across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2016-2021?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, threats, and opportunities in the global veterinary practice management software market?
- What are the burning issues of the global veterinary practice management software market?
- Who are the major players in the global veterinary practice management software market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various regions (North America, APAC, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global veterinary practice management software market?
- What are the recent developments in the global veterinary practice management software market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global veterinary practice management software market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions?
Related Press Release