Global Pet Oral Care Products Market Expected to Reach USD 2,212.2 Million by 2022Published On: June 7, 2017
According to the latest publication from Meticulous Research®, the global market for pet oral care products will increase at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2017 to 2022 to reach USD 2,212.2 million by 2022, driven by increasing pet ownership, rising awareness among pet owners about their pet’s health, and increasing pet insurance. In addition, premiumization of pet care market, rising disposable income, and westernization in developing nations further drives the global pet oral care products market. However, high cost of some pet oral care products, lack of awareness about pets’ health in developing nations, and cultural & regulatory challenges hinders the growth of market to some extent.
Browse full report- Pet Oral Care Products Market: Global Forecast To 2022
Oral health is one of the major concerns for companion animal owners. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), periodontal disease is the most common clinical condition in cats and dogs. Approximately 70% of cats and 80% of dogs develop some form of periodontal disease by the time they’re three years old. Over the time, pet owners are becoming increasingly aware of their pets’ teeth and mouths as part of overall animal health and are looking for effective product solutions to help them maintain their furry companion’s oral health. As a result, the pet care industry is taking steps to capitalize on the growing awareness, resulting into the development and marketing of numerous pet oral care products.
The global pet oral care products market is mainly segmented by product type (Dental Chew, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Mouthwash/Rinse, Additives, and Others), by animal type (Dog, Cat, and horses), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa). The geographical regions are further analyzed at a country level with a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Geographically, North America commanded the largest share in the global pet oral care products market, followed by Europe. Large share of North America is primarily attributed to the increasing pet humanization, growing premiumzation of pet care products, presence of pet insurance, rising awareness about pet’s health among pet owners, and presence of large number pet healthcare products providers. However, Asian countries are slated to register the fastest growth during the forecast period, primarily due to increasing pet ownerships, increasing westernization, and investments by the major players in this region.
The key players in the global pet oral care products market are AllAccem Inc., Colgate- Palmolive Company, Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc., Petzlife Products, imRex Inc., Virbac, Nestlé Purina PetCare (Part of Nestle), Merial (part of BoehringerIngelheim), Healthymouth LLC, Vetoquinol SA, CevaSanteAnimale S.A, and Mars, Incorporated.
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of product type, animal type, and regions?
- What is the historical market for pet oral care products market across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, threats, and opportunities in the global pet oral care products market?
- What are the burning issues of the global pet oral care products market?
- Who are the major players in the global pet oral care productsmarket and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global pet oral care productsmarket?
- What are the recent developments in the global pet oral care productsmarket?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global pet oral care products market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global pet oral care productsmarket and how do they compete with the global players?